what is small talk?
- (v.) something i’m not very good at
- (n.) a series of conversations i have with interesting people at penn who are doing interesting things at penn and beyond
why have small talk?
- (v.) agreed! there are so many more interesting things to talk about besides the weather and which freshman dorm you live in
- (n.) to learn more about other people, acquire inspiration and understand that success can be defined in unconventional ways
how do i make small talk?
- (v.) you could try phrases like: “wow, the weather sure is nice today!”/ “you up?”/ “we should grab lunch sometime” (important: never actually follow through)
- (n.) feel free to offer any suggestions, comments or questions here